Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick & Easy - Seared Mahi Mahi

Since I get home pretty late from work, I can't really do anything fancy with dinner.  That's why I love fish - it can be really simple & yet delicious.





















Getting things going...
     Defrost a fish filet of your choice.  I used mahi mahi because there is a grocery store near my parents' that sells them all portioned and frozen.
     Once the fish is all defrosted, used paper towels so soak up as much moisture as possible.  Having excess water is bad news later.
     Sprinkle generously with salt & pepper (& maybe some chipotle powder too).
     In a sautee pan, heat up some oil over medium heat.  Once the pan is hot, place the filet skin side up.
     Watch the filet intermittently, once it has turned opaque halfway up, flip it over.
     Continue cooking till the whole filet looks opaque and it slightly firm to the touch.

That is all there is too it.  You can eat the filet with rice, pasta, or vegetables.  I really like the Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers® vegetables because I can microwave them while I am searing the fish.  The whole meal took only 10 minutes from start to finish; it is easy, healthy, & mmm-mmm-good.

No comments:

Post a Comment