Friday, July 13, 2012

Quick & Easy - Not Really Asian Style Grilled Salmon

I was looking for a new way to make salmon for dinner & remembered really liking the way the Boyfriend's aunt had made it during her July 4th barbecue.  Unfortunately, I couldn't recall the recipe that she told me so I looked up "Asian style salmon" on Google.  After much searching, I still couldn't find the recipe so I just went with this one from Food Network.



























To make 2 servings, it's going to take...
     2 salmon filets
     1 tablespoon of dijon mustard (I only had spicy brown)
     11/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
     3 tablespoons of olive oil
     1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

Once you've gathered all the ingredients...
     In a bowl, mixed together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, & garlic
     Marinate the filets in a shallow dish with half the sauce (~20 minutes)
     Sear or grill the filets until they are cooked (4-6 minutes)
     Spoon remaining sauce over the filets after they come out of the pan or grill



























And there you go.  It didn't really taste "Asian" but I don't really know what "Asian" is supposed to taste like.  I used the time the fish was marinating to prepare my vegetables.  When I sautéed the beans, I used the olive oil from the marinate to sweat the shallots & then a tablespoon of the sauce as seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment