Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quick & Easy - Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

The boyfriend was going to be late coming home so I was tasked with making dinner.  For me, I can make a quick dinner by grilling a chicken breast & pair it with a nice green salad.  But since I was cooking for another person, I should at least try to make something a little bit more put together.

Having had mostly land animals the week before & 2 nights of eating out, I really wanted something that was on the lighter side but would still be fulfilling - what with him eating as much as a family of 4. I had planned on making salmon & pasta already, but I didn't figure what vegetables to cook until right as I got home.

I got this recipe from PickyCook but I think the original one came from Ina Garten.  Anyway, this is super easy & takes only about 20 minutes.


























All it takes is 6 ingredients (or 5 depending)...
     1 package of asparagus, about 15-20 stalks
     1/4 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
     1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
     Salt & black pepper
     Paprika (optional)

In a oven safe dish...
     Evenly lay out trimmed asparagus* in 1 layer
     Drizzle with oil & season fairly aggressively with the salt & black pepper
     If you want, sprinkle in a small amount of paprika
     Toss everything together to ensure even coating & lay out the asparagus again
     Roast in a 400F oven for 15 minutes
     Remove the dish from the oven, sprinkle parmesan all over & watch it melt





















The asparagus is tender & the tips are a little bit crispy.  Even though there is quite a bit of oil, it does not feel heavy whatsoever.  The paprika gives a little bit of heat at the end of each bite without making anything spicy so it just adds another layer of flavor.  This was super easy to make & I can easily see it paired with steak, chicken, or even a nice rack of lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment