Friday, December 14, 2012

Quick & Easy - Hot Ginger Apple Cider

It's 11 days until Christmas!! In years past, I would have already bought all my gifts, been baking up a storm, & be watching every sappy ABC Family Christmas movie there is.  This year,  I haven't even once tuned into my Pandora Christmas music station.  How could that be?!?  Luckily, it is never too late to get into the holiday spirits & I know just what I need to kick things off.  A hot beverage to make me feel warm & cozy!

It only takes a few holiday essential ingredients...
     1 cup apple cider (not spiced)
     4 slices fresh ginger, unpeeled
     Cinnamon

In a small sauce pan...
     Heat the apple cider & ginger over medium heat until it simmers
     Turn off the stove & let the ginger steep for a few minutes
     Pour the cider into a glass or mug & sprinkle with cinnamon over the top

























The cinnamon makes the cider tastes like a fresh-out-of-the-oven apple pie & the spiciness of the ginger  cuts the sweetness of the cider & warms up my whole body.  If you want to serve this as an after dinner beverage or @ a holiday brunch, considering adding a bit of bourbon to kick things up another notch.  Another idea is to reduce the cider down to almost a syrup, cool it down, & add it to some sparkling wine to make a first rate Bellini.

As I sit at my kitchen table sipping on my cider & writing this post, I wish everyone a beautiful holiday filled with love & happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment