Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lent - Week 1 Update

It's been a week since Ash Wednesday & I've got to say I'm pretty proud of my progress!

The first few days were really tough, especially since I was away @ a work conference where my eating schedule was wacky & the choices for food were sometimes limited.  But since coming home, I've been really good about sticky to my plan.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that my mother cooked me a bunch of food so I can just reheat them mindlessly.  I must confess, however, that I did break lent.  I did it by accident!  It was mid-afternoon & all I had was half a bag of pretzel snacks so when I saw popsicles...I got a little too enthusiastic.  But I had just one Push-up; just one.

The lack of meat consumption is treating me well except I have to eat a larger amount to feel not hungry; but at least I am eating vegetables or egg whites.  The lack of sugar - on the other hand - has been harder to adjust to.  I think my body is starting to get used to it by now but I still rely on sugar'free chocolate mousse & natural apple sauce to satisfy those cravings.  To be honest it was a little shocking to realize how dependent my body was on sugar for it to have such a large withdrawal effect.  I was one grumpy, crabby b***h last week.  On the good side - I lost 2 pounds already!

I am running low my prepared vegetarian meals so I have to think of something to make over the weekend to eat next week.  Vegetarian chili perhaps?



No comments:

Post a Comment