Sunday, March 3, 2013

7x7 Big Eats 2013 - Nopalito























Location: 1224 9th Avenue, San Francisco, California 94122
Date: Saturday, March 2nd
Food: Caldo Tlalpeño
Price: $10.00
Comments:  I am not sure what I want to say about this soup.  I thought the chicken broth was flavorful but it was too spicy because I left the chipotle pepper in the bowl for too long.  There was plenty of vegetables in the soup but somehow it wasn't satisfying...I think I needed some shredded chicken or some other form of protein in there to make me feel like I had a complete entrée.  The warmed avocado was interesting texturally since the very first sensation is slightly mushy but then it becomes more firm afterwards.  My favorite part of the entire bowl was the cauliflower - the florets were not too cooked & the spice from the broth took away some of the grassy taste cauliflower can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment