Monday, August 6, 2012

Nothing Homemade - Chocolate Frozen Greek Yogurt

I have an enormous sweet tooth & I would love nothing more than to sit in my chair & indulge in Häagen-Dazs while watching Big Bang Theory every single night.  But in reality, I cannot do that; at least not without negative consequences.  So begins my quest to search for tasty treats that can satisfy my cravings without blowing the scale wide-open.

I came upon this recipe while browsing around on Pinterest & thought to give it a try since it was just using things that I already had around the house.  All I had to do was mix the plain yogurt with 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder & 3 tablespoons of agave nectar.  Pop the whole thing into the freezer for 45 minutes & enjoy.  I added in some chocolate chips just for kicks.



























Even though I used a lot more agave nectar than I wanted to, the yogurt was still pretty tart & the flavor was more bitter cocoa instead of chocolate.  Maybe this would be better if using chocolate syrup or a hot chocolate mix (omitting the agave).  While I really liked was how thick & creamy the yogurt became after it was frozen & how much cheaper this is compared to Ben & Jerry's frozen Greek yogurt, I don't think I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment