Saturday, August 25, 2012

Quick & Easy - Coconut Mango Chia Pudding

I bought a pack of chia seeds a few weeks ago but I had no idea how to use it except to sprinkle it over my Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the morning.  And then a few days ago, Pinterest came to my rescue!  This recipe takes 2 minutes to put together, takes no skills whatsoever, & it is only 197 calories per serving.

The recipe calls for...
     1/2 cup light coconut milk
     1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or almond milk)
     3/4 cup fresh mango, diced
     2 tablespoons chia seeds (black & white ones are the same)
     1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey or stevia)

Everything is done in 1 simple step...
     In a container, combine every ingredient & refrigerate for 24 hours



























Chia seeds expand when they come in contact with liquid, creating this thick gooey texture that is similar to sago (tapioca) so the pudding is actually quite pudding'y...if you can get over the tiny seed in the middle.  The whole thing is not super sweet but it isn't super coconut'y either so if you are a big fan of coconut, you can add some coconut flakes.  I am definitely going to make more of this; actually I think I am going to go make some more right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment